- Are the Programmes offered by Indian institutions recognised?
- Are distance learning Programmes offered in India?
- Do foreign students need to give GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS or any other test?
- Are there healthcare facilities in India for overseas students?
- What are the accommodation alternatives available for overseas students in India?
- From where can foreign students know more about the education options and quality level in India?
- What is the cost of studying in India?
- What is the cost of living in India?
- Do Indian universities offer scholarships to overseas students?
- Do foreign students need to undergo any medical tests before coming to India?
- Is registration with FRRO office mandatory?
- Whom should foreign students contact for further details on studying in India?
Are the Programmes offered by Indian institutions recognised?
It is mandatory for all universities/institutions offering professional and technical courses in India to be recognised by the national level statutory bodies established for the maintenance of norms and standards. Indian degrees are recognised worldwide.
Are distance learning Programmes offered in India?
Yes. India has about 11 universities exclusively offering distance education Programmes. Several regular universities also have separate distance education cells. Like, Delhi University has School of Open Learning that offers distance learning courses to students. The Indra Gandhi Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi, is one of the largest open universities in the world, running distance learning Programmes and catering to over one million students worldwide.
Do foreign students need to give GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS or any other test?
Indian universities do not insist on the above scores. However, since the academic programmes are taught in English medium, proficiency in English is a must. One should have studied Higher Secondary in English medium or English should have been one of his/her subjects.
Are there healthcare facilities in India for overseas students?
Most Indian institutions have their own campus clinics, where students are treated for ailments like fever, cough, cold, etc. If the students wish, the institutes can also help the students get medical insurances.
What are the accommodation alternatives available for overseas students in India?
All Indian institutions provide hostel accommodation for international students in the hostels located on campus. If they wish, the students can also stay outside, in private accommodations and rented flats.
From where can foreign students know more about the education options and quality level in India?
Foreign students can visit the following websites:
What is the cost of studying in India?
Indian Universities offer education at more affordable cost than any other recognised university in the world. The average cost of studying in India is almost one-fourth to that charged in western universities.
What is the cost of living in India?
Living expenses (food and other) in India are about USD 100-150 a month.
Do Indian universities offer scholarships to overseas students?
The Government of India provides scholarships to overseas students.
Do foreign students need to undergo any medical tests before coming to India?
All foreign students coming to India need to undergo a medical test for AIDS. The Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) requires this test as a pre-requisite for obtaining the Residence Permit Form.
Is registration with FRRO office mandatory?
All PIO students staying in India longer than 6 months are required to register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO). The following documents are required for registration:
- Photocopy of the passport and initial visa
- Four photographs of the applicant
- Details of residents in India
- HIVtest report from one of the WHO recognised institutions for people in the age group of 15 to 60
- Bonafide certificate from the university/college/institution
- Proof of Bank Account/sufficient funds for non-scholarship students
Whom should foreign students contact for further details on studying in India?
For enquires and admission, contact:
Head (Placement & Secondment),
Educational Consultants of India
Ed.CIL House, 18-A, Sector 16-A,Noida- 201301, INDIA
Website: https://www.edcil.co.in / https://www.educationindia4u.nic.in